ABI-LAB 2 is a new 68,000-square-foot bio-incubator. We aim to grow our community and further our mission to empower entrepreneurial scientists. The building offers:
- 800 to 4,000-square-foot private lab suites as well as the option to configure larger lab spaces. Suites also include office space.
- Lab suites come standard with 24-foot benches, a sink, shelving, an eye-wash station, and a 10-by-5-foot island in most labs.
- Infrastructure includes deionized water system, CO2 gas, and a system for the removal of lab waste water.
- Residents receive a credit for foundation equipment, which includes freezers, double-door refrigerators, biosafety cabinets, and double stack incubators
For available lab suites, please contact Gary Kaufman at 617-721-0785.
- Glass washers
- Ice Machine
- Chemical fume hood option in most labs
- Liquid Nitrogen and cell bank room
Shared Lab Equipment
- Access to large and small specialty equipment
- Lab Centrifuges
- Analytical Weigh and PH Meter
- Chemical Hoods
- Bio-Safety Cabinets
- ELISA Reader
- Fluorescent Microscope
- Cell Counters
Shared Office Amenities
- Conference rooms with audio visual equipment
- Lounge area
- Staffed reception area
- Shared printers
- Firewall for individual tenants (IT systems)
- Backup generator to support critical equipment (e.g. freezers)
- HVAC to support BL1 & BL2 applications
The Innovation Lab is home to over 20 of our small and large instruments, and is available at no additional charge to residents to use. We use booking software that each tenant has access to, which allows for seamless scheduling practices within our facility.
ThermoFisher has three different supply centers within this space, and they bill directly to residents for seamless acquisition of materials. Lab consumables are delivered and managed directly by ThermoFisher and their appropriate representatives, and available for all to use. With the supply center, residents can count on productivity with these materials at their fingertips.
Many of our instruments have been provided by ThermoFisher or Eppendorf, and additionally require supplemental training. These trainings are either paid for by ABI-LAB or by the resident, and orchestrated by representatives from ThermoFisher.
Innovation Lab Equipment
- Attune NxT 4 Laser
- EVOS M7000
- Luminex 2000
- QuantStudio 6 Pro
- Varioskan Lux
- iBright FL 15000
- Proflex Thermal Cycler
- Countless II FL
- Neon Transfection System
- NanoDrop OneC
- Qubit 4.0
- Incubated Shaker
- Light Cycler
- Vitros 350
- King Fisher Flex
- Multiple centrifuges and adapters