ABI-LAB 2 is a newly built 68,000-square-foot bio-incubator that was completed in December 2019. With the addition of this new facility, we aim to grow our community and further our mission to empower entrepreneurial scientists. The brand-new building offers:
- 800 to 4,000-square-foot private lab suites as well as the option to configure larger lab spaces. Suites also include office space.
- Lab suites come standard with 24-foot benches, a sink, shelving, an eye-wash station and a 10-by-5-foot island in most labs.
- Infrastructure includes deionized water system, CO2 gas and a system for the removal of lab waste water.
- Residents receive a credit for foundation equipment, which includes freezers, double-door refrigerators, biosafety cabinets and double stack incubators
- For available lab suites, please contact Gary Kaufman at 617-721-0785.
- Microbial fermentation room w/ standard equipment
- Glass washers
- Ice Machine
- Chemical fume hood option in most labs
- Liquid Nitrogen and cell bank room
Shared Lab Equipment
Access to cutting-edge equipment is a huge research advantage.
- Access to large and small specialty equipment
- Lab Centrifuges
- Analytical Weigh and PH Meter
- Chemical Hoods
- Bio-Safety Cabinets
- ELISA Reader
- Fluorescent Microscope
- Cell Counters
Shared Office Ammenities
- Conference rooms with audio visual equipment
- Lounge area
- Staffed reception area
- Shared printers
- Firewall for individual tenants (IT systems)
- Backup generator to support critical equipment (e.g. freezers)
- Supplemental power: solar array will be installed
- HVAC to support BL1 & BL2 applications
- Electric Car Charging Station